2.19.2009

Round 2... and a new 'toy'...

So... JR (tapping into his right brain), made me a sewing/knitting box! This was inspired by, and modeled after a 1950's box that we found at a swap meet [unfortunately it was a bit damaged, and not a good investment]. Shout out to JR for a great job, great craftsmanship and great attention to detail.

Anywho, this box fits a whopping 18 skeins of yarn!!! That's an afghan!!!
Round 2 of my granny square blanket can be seen on the right...

 

And my partners in crime while I'm at work...

 

Hot off the griddle...
Clove (L) and Ginger Lime (R)...

If I said I was a bit heavy-handed when I added the essential oil in both batches, I think that would be a serious understatement. These soaps (all between 3.0-4 oz) are strongly-scented. A room freshener would be a good option for both.

These beauties will be ready for the taking around the 3rd week of March.
I'm still debating if Clove will be for sale. This is one of my favorite scents... *wink, wink*

 

Cute Ideas...
Google Maps for yarn stores - KnitMap and MapMuse

And just for fun:



Which fiber are you? Quiz 1



What kind of knitter are you? Quiz 2
[I am a knitting guru! hahaha]
You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting and do it all the time. While finishing a piece is the plan, you still love the process, and can't imagine a day going by without giving some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation involves leaving ample space for the stash and supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn ends and you begin.


What kind of knitting needles are you? Quiz 3
[I am interchangeable needles!]
You are interchangeable.
Fun, free, and into everything, you've got every eventuality covered and every opportunity just has to be taken. Every fiber is wonderful, and every day is a new beginning. You are good at so many things, it's amazing, but you can easily lose your place and forget to show up. They have row counters for people like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment